Wednesday 11 March 2009

5 Questions For Corey Goldberg



As can be seen from the photo that he will never live down and maybe wishes he never published, Corey Goldberg is one of the most dynamic bloggers out there...
Author of some useful testing tools such as Pylot and fast becoming known as Mr Python, he also publishes the occasional pic of Boston, one of my favourite cities

Here are his answers


1. Why did you start blogging and what were you hoping to get out of it ?
( and have you got what you hoped for ? )


It is nice to have a personal platform to speak from. You can state your opinions and others will read them and respond. I use it as an area to disseminate info, news, and announcements surrounding projects I work on and technical areas I am interested in. I maintain and contribute to many open source projects, and can use my blog to post info for others. I also use it as a repository for code snippets and small programs I don't want to forget. I post them to my blog and then they are indexed and easily searchable from Google. It is nice when you solve a problem for yourself and then blog about it. Readers can use your help to then solve their own similar problems.


2. What have you learned from doing your blog ?

Lots of people who read my blog are a lot smarter than I am :)


3. Do you track your visitors - if so, any unusual searches to find your blog ?

I track my visitors and subscribers like a hawk via Google Analytics and FeedBurner. I'm a bit of a statistics geek, so I keep tabs on everything: location of users, referring pages, search terms, browser/os characteristics, etc.


4. Do you have a favourite post that you have written ?

I don't really have a favorite. I'm most proud of some of the programming snippets I post, but I also like this one: "Test Tools - Open Source Feedback and Participation"


5. Any advice to new bloggers ?

Be yourself. Post about stuff that matters to *you*. Don't just repost links to other content, create your own unique content. Post often. Give proper attributions and don't plagiarize. Have fun with it.

No comments: